Vancouver Island Retreat: Holotropic Breathwork™: a prototype for psychedelic sessions
Three Day/Two Night Retreat – OCT 4 – 6 (Fri – Sun), 2019 – Greater Victoria, BC
This professional development retreat will be held at the beautiful Swanwick Centre — tucked away on the outskirts of Victoria, BC, on a 32-acre oceanfront property that offers magnificent views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the snow-capped Olympic Mountains.
Come and explore the Holotropic Paradigm and this breath-based approach co-developed by pre-prohibition psychiatrist/researcher/ psychedelic psychotherapist Stan Grof active from 1956 to the present.
This residential 3-day, 2-night retreat will provide an experiential and in-depth didactic exploration of this drug free approach to supporting non ordinary extraordinary states for healing and self-exploration. As we move towards the legalization of psychedelic medicines again, Holotropic Breathwork is being used in training psychedelic psychotherapists in this transitional era.
Within this module, you will experience and learn about:
- How Holotropic Breathwork provides a safe introduction into future work with psychedelic substances as it is self-generated by the breath.
- The role of the Inner Healer in psychedelic session
- The history of Holotropic Breathwork and continuing role alongside other entheogens and psychoactive substances going forward
- Experiential learnings through the opportunity to enter an altered state and also to then be witness/therapist for another’s journey.
- An experience of the framework of a Holotropic Breathwork session as a model set and setting for a psychedelic session
- The importance of facilitator and sitter presence and roles
- Preparation and integration of the experience will be facilitated through the screening procedure, teleconference calls before and after on theory and practice, mandala drawing and a distinct verbal group sharing protocol.
- Application of Holotropic focused release work
- How to encourage and support the integration of the Holotropic experience of the way through group sharing/processing and post-event protocols and follow-up
- Holotropic Breathwork can change our life perspective.
- How Holotropic Breathwork compares to other popular breathwork approaches
- Emerging research.
REGISTRATION DETAILS:Schedule: Fri Oct 4, 2019 — 1 – 9pm; Sat Oct 5 — 8am – 7pm; Sun Oct 6 — 9am – Noon.
Space is limited. Register early to secure your spot.
Maximum participants: 20
CE credits approved: 16 CE credits (Canadian Psychological Association/CPA)
Regular: CAD930 + GST
Early Bird and Student: CAD880 + GST (Early bird deadline: July 31)
Registration fee includes two nights twin shared accommodation (and communal bathrooms), as well as food and beverage during the retreat. Please note that there is an option (on a first-to-register and inquire, first-served basis) for six registrants to upgrade their accommodation (such as single room; twin and ensuite bathroom; and couples suite) – based on availability. If this is of interest, please include your request/inquiry in “Special Note”‘ on the Registration Form.